An international critical forum for PhD students, early-career academics and experienced researchers, to debate and exchange ideas, explore methodological issues and discuss research projects on adult education and learning in the European context.
Organized by the PhD Program “Education in Contemporary Society”, Department of Human Sciences for Education, University of Milano Bicocca, in partnership with the European Society for Research on the Education of Adults ESREA (http://www.esrea.org/), the leading academic research society in European adult education.
- Creating dialogue and exploring ideas and methods of research in adult education
- Enhancing collaboration and networking among experienced and early researchers
- Fostering research on adult education across disciplines, approaches, and epistemologies.
ESREA’s Research Networks are involved in the Summer School to cover many topics:
- Access, learning careers
- Active democratic citizenship and adult learning;
- Adult educators, trainers and their professional development;
- Adult learning and communities, between global and local;
- Education and learning of older adults;
- Gender and adult learning;
- History of adult education and training in Europe;
- Interrogating transformative processes in learning and education;
- Life history and biography;
- Migration, transnationalism and racisms;
- Policy studies in adult education;
- Working life and learning.